WHY PORCELAIN POOL TILES?
The word porcelain is derived from the ’porcellana cel, which is similar to the porcelain material in the Italian name of the mussels. Porcelain is one of the most outstanding members of the ceramic family. The most obvious reason for being superior to ceramics is the quality of the components and the high temperature baking. Durability, long-lasting use as well as visual quality is another feature that highlights it. In addition to these properties, the primary reason for choosing porcelain in ponds is that water absorption capacity is about 0.03%. In cold weather, the absorbed water expands due to freezing and negatively affects the material. However, very little water absorbing porcelain, this physical result is not affected like ceramic. Because the water absorption capacity of the ceramic is 3%. For this reason, the ceramic expands and explodes due to the high water content in it.
Other features of porcelain:
- The lower surface color is white, which means that it is a better quality and durable material than ceramics.
- Its surface is bright, flawless, has no pores and has a decorative appearance. In ceramics, the surface is matte and porous.
- Its structure is harder and more resistant to impacts.
- Its surface is more resistant to acids and alkalis compared to ceramic.
- Hygienic, free of germs and dirt; glazed (glossy surface) because it does not stain.
- Not affected by temperature changes.